Like indoor refrigerators, the best outdoor refrigerators also offer homeowners tons of benefits. With this appliance, you (as a homeowner) can always have access to chilled drinks any time you feel like. Outdoor refrigerators allow you to quickly get drinks for any outdoor event in your home. This will save you the stress of having to go in and out everytime just to grab something chilled.
Outdoor refrigerators are certainly worth investing in. However, for you to get the best results from these appliances, you need to do your due diligence and only buy a reliable product. That said, below are a few factors that influence the choice of the best outdoor refrigerators today.
1. Types of outdoor refrigerators
Understanding the different types of refrigerators will certainly help you when it comes to choosing the right product for your home. The best outdoor refrigerators are available in two different types:
- First, there’s an under-counter outdoor refrigerator. These products are ideal for people who live in rainy areas. Under-counter outdoor refrigerators are designed to be weatherproof. Besides, these appliances are always reliable when it comes to handling moisture and rain.
- Another type of outdoor refrigerator you need to know about is the freestanding type. You should go for this option if you already have an outdoor island with no space to accommodate the new refrigerator. All you need is to keep your appliance in the patio to keep your beverages or by your grill cart to store up meats.
2. Outdoor rating
Is the refrigerator rated for outdoor use? This is another important factor you certainly need to consider before choosing the best outdoor refrigerator for your home. Of course, there are tons of reasons why your outdoor appliances need to be outdoor-rated:
- First, outdoor-rated refrigerators are designed to deal with a wide range of external temperatures.
- Besides, these appliances also come with a better and higher-performing compressor to handle extreme weather conditions.
- Another good thing about outdoor-rated refrigerators is that they have better insulation, which keeps them highly performing at the right external temperature.
3. Are the electrical components well protected?
You also need to do your due diligence and only choose a product with electrical components that are well protected. As you already know, water and electricity are two things that can’t work together. To avoid electrocution and other electrical-related issues, ensure to check the outdoor refrigerator very well before buying. If you’43 clueless as to what to check, you can always hire experts in this area to do the job for you. Yes, experts at Wilshire Refrigeration and Appliance can always help you check and pick the best outdoor refrigerator from top brands, such as Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero outdoor products are well protected and will never give you electrical issues.
4. Does the refrigerator have the right ventilation?
Ventilation also matters when it comes to installing the right outdoor refrigerator in your home. Without proper ventilation, your outdoor appliance will struggle to deliver the right performance. You need to pay more attention to this factor if you’re going to buy an under-counter outdoor refrigerator. Make sure that the placement isn’t blocking the vents to avoid break down.
Other factors we’ll advise you to take time to consider before buying the best outdoor refrigerator include:
- Your budget
- Refrigerator manufacturer
- Constant access to electricity supply
- Ability to perform for a long time outdoors without rusting.
By considering all these aforementioned factors, you’ll never go wrong when choosing the Best outdoor refrigerator for your home use. You can also check Wilshire Refrigeration and Appliance for more technical tips on how to choose the best outdoor refrigerators.