Garlic olive oil is a delicious and healthy ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Making your own garlic olive oil at home is simple and allows you to control the quality of the ingredients. In this article, we will discuss how to make garlic olive oil at home.
Why Make Your Own Garlic Olive Oil?
Making your own garlic olive oil allows you to control the quality of the ingredients and ensure that no harmful chemicals or additives are included. It also allows you to customize the flavor to your liking.
Ingredients and Equipment
To make garlic olive oil at home, you will need:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Cheesecloth or coffee filter
Steps to Make Garlic Olive Oil
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the crushed garlic to the oil and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Strain the oil through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove the garlic pieces.
- Transfer the oil to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
How to Store Garlic Olive Oil
Garlic olive oil should be stored in a cool, dark place, away from heat and light. It is best to use it within 6 months of making it to ensure the highest quality and flavor.
Making garlic olive oil at home is a simple and delicious way to add flavor to your dishes and control the quality of the ingredients. With just a few ingredients and equipment, you can make a flavorful and healthy oil that can be used in a variety of dishes. Try making your own garlic olive oil at home and enjoy the benefits of this delicious ingredient.